Re: [Evolution] Sync google tasks with Evolution?

On Sun, 2013-09-15 at 13:30 -0700, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
Hi.  Using Evolution 3.2.3.  Is there a way to sync my google tasks in
addition to the calendar?  This would be very handy.  Thanks.

Last I checked, no.  But that's more Google's fault than ours.

I haven't tested Google's recently-released CalDAV v2 interface, but at
least on their older password-based v1 interface Google does not export
VTODO iCalendar objects, only VEVENTs for Google Calendar.

I believe, however, we have a Google Summer of Code student writing a
whole new Evolution-Data-Server backend that gets to Google Tasks via
Google's web API instead of iCalendar as a stopgap measure.

I would also point out that Yahoo!'s CalDAV interface already exports
both VEVENT and VTODO objects.  That's an alternate solution for tasks
that works with Evolution today.

Matthew Barnes