[Evolution] Evolution stopped opening HTML email

This started happening a few weeks ago. At first it was intermittent now it happens every time. Usually causes Evolution to freeze and / or close. Sometimes new window will say "opening" and then a message number with same result. Had to change my settings to "open plain text if present".

Also Evolution seems to take a while to open, 10 to 15 seconds.

I do have a large amount of email stored. A tar.gz backup file is 1.7 GB. Something is telling me that is causing both problems. Is there a way I can archive certain folders?

Thanks for any and all help.

Mike

P.S. Hope I posted this correctly.