Re: [Evolution] attachment.dat: pptx showing as plain text attachment

Interesting: when I send a .pptx from Win7 using Thunderbird the pptx
comes through fine but there's also an 'attachment.dat' that Evolution
sees as a plain text file.

I talked to my colleague who's an Apple expert and he says he never
heard of any problems like that with Apple. And when I Google 'Apple
mail and application.dat' everything seems focused on receiving stuff on
Apple from Windows ("winmail.dat").