Re: [Evolution] I/O operation timing out

On 6 November 2013 00:48, Bart <montana_evolution_user hardinmt us> wrote:
No.  It seems to stay the same.  I've tried a different modem just to
eliminate that possibility.  Your explanation seems reasonable.  I do
have another problem with the cable that they (the cable company) do not
seem to be able to figure out.  I simply use the DSL connection most of
the time.

This kind of weirdness can sometimes be caused by a mismatch in MTUs on the two networks, but I'm not expert enough to give you specific advice. However you could try reducing your machine's MTU to 576 (the lowest standard value) to see if it makes a difference. See Google for how to do this on Linux.

poc