Re: [Evolution] Evolution does not decrypt PGP emails

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 16:34 +0100, huw wrote:
Hi all

I've just started using Evolution.  I can send emails encrypted (and signed) just fine, but when my friend sends me emails encrypted with PGP they are not decrypted by Evolution.  I get the dialogue asking for my passphrase, which I duly enter, then the email displays in an encrypted format anyway.  Any ideas?

I know it isn't a problem with my GPG setup, as it was working in Kmail2 (which I've just switched from) and I can copy the encrypted text to a text file and decrypt it in a console.  The problem surely lies within Evolution.

Some more info which may help.  Someone on the Sabayon forum is helping me to troubleshoot this.  He's asked whether gpg-agent is running.  If I run the command myself it insists it's running and available, however I cannot find any instance of it using the ps command, and I cannot find the gpg-agent.conf file referenced in its man page.  Could this be the problem?

Kind regards,
Huw