Re: [Evolution] I fixed a problem

The problem:  After updating from Evolution 3.6 which was distributed
with openSUSE 12.3, to Evolution 3.8.1,, the plugin evolution-tray would
not work.

Today, I updated to Evolution 3.8.2, and saw an update to
evolution-tray, so I added that to the update.  It still didn't work.

I looked around for the location of the plugins, and found it
in /usr/lib64/evolution/3.6/plugins.  All by itself.  There is a
directory /usr/lib64/evolution/3.8/plugins.  So I copied
liborg-gnome-evolution-tray.so and org-gnome-evolution-tray.eplug from
to 3.6/plugins directory to the 3.8/plugins directory, shutdown and
restarted Evolution and evolution-tray is now working.

I know Evolution is a Gnome application, and I don't think
evolution-tray has a use in Gnome, and I don't know if it's unique to
openSUSE, and I don't know if this list is the correct place for this
message, but I find a lot of useful information here.  It's one of the
first places I look, so I thought I'd post this here.

It is a Gnome thing:

  http://gnome.eu.org/index.php/Evolution_Tray

although I'm not sure how much love it's getting these days.

If the OpenSUSE package is putting the files in the wrong place for the
version of Evolution, then that's a packaging issue and should be filed
as a bug with OpenSUSE so that they fix it.

P.