Re: [Evolution] terminal messages on startup

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 13:29 +1100, Bart Steanes wrote:
Unknown parameter encountered: "max log size"
Ignoring unknown parameter "max log size"

these usually come from samba, I guess, and are related to openchange's
libmapi and evolution-mapi. I consider them harmless. I do not know from
where they come exactly, but it seems like from some samba configuration
file.

(evolution:5773): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 3.4.3)

(evolution:5773): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6

(evolution:5773): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
iTunes Application Detector

(evolution:5773): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
DivX® Web Player

(evolution:5773): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin:
Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)

Also harmless, WebKitGtk, which is used for rendering of messages in
evolution, found couple browser plugins and disabled them for you. There
is some effort to disable all of them before WebKit does that this
loudly.

(evolution:5773): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkScrolledWindow 0xb791e298 is
mapped but visible child GtkScrollbar 0xb81897e0 is not mapped

(evolution:5773): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkScrolledWindow 0xb791e198 is
mapped but visible child GtkScrollbar 0xb81893f0 is not mapped

These are new to me. I see similar set of warnings with EAttachmentBar
(mapped versus visible warnings), but they seem to be just added as a
debugging messages in gtk 3.6.4 or some time around that version. As
they seem to be for "debugging only" (they probably try to express some
issue in the widget tree, but the last time I asked on the gtk+ IRC
channel about its real meaning nobody replied to me), I'd just ignore
them. With not mapped GtkScrollbar I'd guess some window is not showing
either horizontal or vertical scroll bar, which may or may not be an
issue.

I would safely ignore these warnings, they are only annoying if one
wants to check console for an important stuff.
        Bye,
        Milan