Re: [Evolution] evolution export/save to mbox in error

I want to be able to export my evolution mail which was recntly upgraded
to version 3.2.2 ( within ubuntu package 11.10 ) and now I cannot read
the raw mail or export to mbox.

Why can't you export to mbox?  Is there an error?  What have you tried
to do?

The mail now is scattered over a lot of files, and even broken into
several parts. The earlier version I could get into the mailboxes and
easily find all the mails in their mbox format. So I was able to read
the bare mail.

But now everything is put ino sqlite.

No it's not.

I am presuming you are talking about local mail and not remote IMAP
folders.  If that is the case, then mail is held in Maildir format
in .local/share/evolution/mail/local - Maildir does not store the mail
in a single monolithic file like mbox does, but instead each message is
in its own file.  The sqlite files are purely metadata about the
messages, mail content is not stored in them.

Also I found lot of other people haveing the same problem, not beeing
able to revert to mbox.  Even in the evolution bug-list, but no
solution.

Revert to mbox?  You can sort of do it, but why?  (You need to create a
new account within Evolution of type mbox and then copy all your mail
there, but new mail will still be put in the local Maildir files when it
arrives - there's no way to change the format of the default "on this
computer" folders.)

If you want to export to mbox, then instructions on doing it are in the
help system i.e. under Help -> Contents -> Data Migration -> Exporting
data from Evolution -> Exporting mail data.

Basically, you select the mail you want to export (use Ctrl-A to select
everything in a folder), then do File -> Save as mbox.  Seems to work
fine for me.

If I understood how the mail is split over the mboxes, i could probably
solve it myself but found no help to how the mail is stored in the
sqlite-db.

It's not a good idea to go playing with Evolution's internal files -
even if you know what you are doing it can cause problems, and if you
don't understand the formats being used, you are likely to get in a big
mess.

Could someone tell me if it ever will be solved, it is a problem for
almost a year now..

It's not a problem, it works fine.  I have never seen any messages here
about not being able to export to mbox.

Or, is there a piece of doc that could tell me about the way the mail is
stored in sqlite.

No, because the mail is not stored in the sqlite db.  If you want to
know where Evolution data is stored then again you can look in the help
system: Help -> Common other questions -> Data Storage locations

P.