Re: [Evolution] Is "Click to add a task/memo" usable?

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 09:53 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
Since the context sensitive "New" button creates a new Task/Memo in
those places, the "Click to add a task" is fairly superfluous.  It's
also not a particularly consistent UI design - there's no "Click to
create email" in the email view!

        Hi,
it's because the Mail/Contacts/Calendar views are different from
Tasks/Memos views. This "click to add" is close to what Outlook does, at
least in its (quite old) 2007 version. I do not know what newer version
does.

BTW, is there a way to change the "New" button text when changing views
to reinforce the fact that that button is context sensitive? I know the
tooltip and icon changes, but different text would be good as well.

I would not do that myself, because the button will change its size
(which might not be a problem, different views have different toolbar
buttons), thus there would be "New Appointment", which is like 3 buttons
in width.
        Bye,
        Milan