Re: [Evolution] How to highlight/color the background for particular words, in HTML

Please reply to list (Ctrl+L)

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 15:21 -0400, Swarup wrote:
or what about this: if the background for selected words has been
colored using another program such as a word processor, and then that
text is pasted into an evo HTML email, is there a way to get evo to
preserve the background color when it posts the mail? The background
color appears just fine when I paste it into evo, but when I send the
mail the color disappears.

That makes sense actually.  On paste it takes, and then renders, the
HTML version from the clip-buffer [which probably receives text/plain,
text/html, and who knows what else versions].  But then those effects
get dropped when the displayed text is transformed to the message.  I've
never worked with GtkHTML specifically, but it sounds reasonable; the
transform only knows about certain markup.

It certainly seems like a bug, but your version is *ancient*.  And the
GtkHTML is bound for the ash can anyway.

It would be interesting to know if the new composer would exhibit the
same behavior.