Re: [Evolution] Unable to send email through Evolution Mail on Ubuntu 12.04

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 08:57 -0400, William Farmer wrote:
Until about two weeks ago, Evolution mail was sending out email through SMTP without a problem.
Then, one morning, it kept giving me an error message that it could
not connect to the server that my email address was on (metamedia.us).
I have a non Ubuntu computer (a macbook pro) that is able to send
email on the same ports (25, 465) without a problem and on the same
network.

You can send e-mail to your ISP on port TCP/25???  Are you sure?  That
seems unlikely.

Something changed, the question is what.  Perhaps the configuration
regarding encryption/protection is different?

Without more information there is nothing anyone here can do for you.

I've tried to switch to sendmail from SMTP, but it will not send mail that way either.

I would never expect that to work, unless you have configured the
underlying systems mail transfer agent.

Any advice or troubleshooting steps that I should try? Thanks!

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.6/problems-debug-how-to.html

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383