[Evolution] 'No mail service found with UID' after upgrade - fix

After upgrading from Fedora 17 to 18, which also upgraded Evolution to 3.6.3,
I found I could no longer send mail.  It failed with an error message

   No mail service found with UID xxx hhh

where xxx is a long hex string and hhh is the hostname of the computer.

I didn't find this anywhere in the FAQs or documentation, but searching finds a
couple of people who experienced it on Ubuntu; there too it seems to appear after
an upgrade.

I fixed the error in the end by looking at the list of accounts under Edit ->
Preferences -> Mail accounts.  The first is called 'On this computer' and is of
type maildir, and it was set as default.  I instead set the network mail account
(in my case of type pop) as the default and found sending works again.

I mention it here in case anyone else hits the same error and searches for it,
but also to suggest that the error message could be improved, or at least
documented; or better still avoided altogether so that sending mail still works
after upgrading from an older Evolution.

Thanks,

--
Ed Avis <eda waniasset com>