Re: [Evolution] How to start fresh with Evo ?

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:02:37 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 16:14 -0500, rsv869 roadrunner com wrote:
I used Evolution for years and it was solid and stable.  But lately (on verson 3.6.2 for Ubuntu) it has
been so hosed.  I use (or try to) a POP server and an IMAP (gmail) server.  As often as not the POP hangs
and won't fetch properly, and now the IMAP SMTP won't sent. Have to ask:

I wonder if there's a way to start fresh with Evolution? Use the backup tool to save my data and
addresses, purge the .local/mail files for Evo, purge the 3.6.2 via Synaptic, and then reload.  I have a
really hard time believing these configs are wrong; it's not that complicated.

Thoughts?  Bad idea, decent idea.

Also, is there a way to get 3.6.3 via ubuntu?

You sent the same message twice. Is that happening often?

Reinstalling the Evolution package from the same source is unlikely to
make any difference. This isn't Windows.

Resetting your config might help, but before doing that I would check
that the servers you use are actually working correctly, e.g. by trying
with some other client such as Thunderbird.

poc