Re: [Evolution] Evolution vs. KDE (It's a stand off -- KDE now leads)

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 13:37 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 00:12 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 17:56 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 09:26 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I suspect the source of the problem is that a change in gnome-keyring,
or something associated with it has caused a change in the user
interface: Up till now, if an attempt was made to access the Login
keyring when it was locked, a box would appear requesting the user to
enter the passphrase for the keyring.  Now (I suppose because the
keyring is supposed to be unlocked at login time) no such box appears.
So the Login keyring remains locked till it is unlocked using seahorse;
if I unlock it in seahorse, evolution sends properly.  Logging into a
Gnome session unlocks the keyring, and it remains unlocked even in a
following KDE session, but not after a reboot.

A work around is to start each KDE session by using seahorse to unlock
the Login keyring.  Which is a little tedious.  Is there some way to put
something (a script) into the autostart folder that will unlock the
Login keyring?

I'd just like to mention that I also use Evo under KDE (in Fedora 18),
and I've not seen any change in behaviour in the last year or two. IOW
the first use of Evo under a new KDE session causes a popup asking for
my login password. Subsequent Evo instances don't ask for anything. I'm
never asked for an email account password (they're in the keyring).

I'm also not running Seahorse.

Evolution used to work just as you describe till shortly after the
system was upgraded to F-18, then the popup you describe stopped
appearing, and sending became impossible.

My version is also 3.6.3, under KDE 4.9.5.

Evolution version is 3.6.3.  BTW: the function of the mouse buttons has
just changed, I think with this version.  In particular a left click on
the scrollbar causes a "scroll to here", where before it caused a scroll
up or down by a half page.  Do you see this new behavior?

I'm seeing the "scroll to here" behaviour, but I couldn't tell you if
that is a change from before. It's not something I use a lot.

poc