Re: [Evolution] Evolution vs. KDE (It's a stand off -- KDE now leads)

On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 09:26 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 10:28 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 23:46 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
After running Evolution under Gnome, then logging out and logging in
under KDE, Evolution sends fine.  No box requesting a password after
clicking "Send" message sent OK.  However after a restart, it's not
possible for Evolution to send while running under KDE till it sends a
message running under Gnome.  Kernel problem?  BTW: While Evolution is
hanging while attempting to send, the yellow sending box shows at the
top of the message.

      Hi,
evolution uses gnome-keyring for password, I guess it didn't start for
your KDE session, but GNOME made it running in the background. I've this
one running in my GNOME session:
   /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login
Try to add it to your KDE session as well.

With respect of freeze, I cannot tell, but it seems you are not the only
one seeing it.

Yes.  This looks like it.

I suspect the source of the problem is that a change in gnome-keyring,
or something associated with it has caused a change in the user
interface: Up till now, if an attempt was made to access the Login
keyring when it was locked, a box would appear requesting the user to
enter the passphrase for the keyring.  Now (I suppose because the
keyring is supposed to be unlocked at login time) no such box appears.
So the Login keyring remains locked till it is unlocked using seahorse;
if I unlock it in seahorse, evolution sends properly.  Logging into a
Gnome session unlocks the keyring, and it remains unlocked even in a
following KDE session, but not after a reboot.

A work around is to start each KDE session by using seahorse to unlock
the Login keyring.  Which is a little tedious.  Is there some way to put
something (a script) into the autostart folder that will unlock the
Login keyring?

Thanks for your help - jon