Re: [Evolution] Evolution on 64 bits Linux system

One of the annoying features. There's no way to tell evolution that it
should use a special account, when replying to this list.

-------- Original message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf _but from the wrong account_
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution on 64 bits Linux system
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 16:19:37 +0200

On Sat, 2013-07-27 at 11:58 +0100, Eduardo Jauch wrote:
I run an Arch Linux 64 bits and I use evolution without problems.

I run it on Arch too, since it's open source it can be compiled for 64
bit architecture. The compiling for x86_64 doesn't cause an issue, but I
anyway can't confirm that Evolution runs without issues ;), it has some
annoying "features" ;).

So, probably there is a 64 bits version in the Ubuntu repositories
also...

Yes, there is.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Package+evolution+Ubuntu+13.04

Perhaps you should try the version from the PPA ;).

For 3.6.4 run:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution

For 3.8.2 run:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution

_Please M. Claude Jault don't use HTML._
_Please Eduardo Jauch don't top post and use what ever cryptic
formatting you used._

Take a look at the way Pete Biggs and I formatted and the way we quoted,
this is how it should be done on a mailing list.

TIA,
Ralf

-------- End of original message --------

Another of Evolution's annoying features caused a request to another mailing list.