[Evolution] Changing the default browser for embedded URLs

Evo 3.8.3, Fedora 19, KDE 4.10

[I originally sent this to the Fedora Users list by mistake, but despite
getting several replies I couldn't solve it, so I'm resending here which
is what I had meant to do in the first place. -- poc]

I'm embarrassed to be asking this, but how do I set the default browser
for embedded URLs to Chrome if I don't have the Gnome Desktop installed?

I know this is a FAQ, and I've even answered it myself in the past, but
the rules seem to have changed. There is no longer a
gnome-control-center app in the Fedora repositories, and the xdg* stuff
is correctly set to google-chrome, as is
$HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

There seem to be far too many competing ways to set up default
applications.

poc