Re: [Evolution] Erronously disabled account

On Wed, 2013-01-30 at 21:19 +0100, don Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
Since the menu item says "disable account", I suppose there is -
somewhere - a command to re-enable the account I disabled, but I can't
find it,
Edit -> Preferences
and then tick the box next to the account name.
Ok, I've seen it and resolved the issue.
However, I wondered why wasn't I able to find it, and I think the answer
is that when I had configured the account on my evolution (about 7/8
years ago) I had defined a gmail account, and actually I have a gmail
account in my preferences, but it had remained active when I erronously
disabled.
The account I had to reenable is the "on this computer" one, and it
cannot be edited!!

This is correct - it cannot be edited because there is nothing to
configure.

Apparently it receives the incoming mail from the
gmail account, which is my predefined one....

Then you are using POP.  POP downloads mail from an account to the
'local computer'.  That is what POP does.  If you want "real" separate
accounts use IMAP.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383