Re: [Evolution] POP or IMAP

El mié, 23-01-2013 a las 07:38 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams escribió:
On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 09:39 -0200, Lailah wrote:
> El mar, 22-01-2013 a las 21:42 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams escribió:
> > On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 11:27 -0600, JC wrote:
> > POP and IMAP are separate accounts.  And IMAP account is a persistent
> > thing while POP is really just a local mailbox to which mail is
> > downloaded.  Just create an IMAP account and then you can drag the mail
> > from the POP account into the IMAP account.  Then just delete the POP
> > account.
> POP is a dead legacy etc.  is just an opinion.

Nope, it is true.  IMAP does everything POP does, just more.  You track
seen-state, messages can [optionally] be partially retrieved saving
enormous amounts of bandwidth, etc... allow moving messages between
folders [IMAP allows folders in the first place].  All the devices can
track the same message state.

That is true.  What is not true is saying IMAP is better or POP is better as a fact.  IMAP suits better in your way to do things, POP suits better in mine.  That's all.
I don't know if I'm explaining very well...  I'm a Spanish speaker.

Cheers,
Lailah