[Evolution] Fast way to empty trash?

Hi,

I have an evolution install (3.2.3) with about 200,000 messages in the
trash.

When I hit empty trash, it starts working and at the bottom (where you get
the "generating list" and "sending message" information boxes), it starts
showing that it is "Retrieving message '[message id]' in inbox"

Each one of these lasts around a second before the next one is shown.

By my calculations, it will take two and a half days to get through them
all and I don't even know if it is emptying them or just preparing and then
it has more to do.

Is there a quick way to empty the trash, or a way to empty a few messages
at a time?

Thanks!

Ben