Re: [Evolution] SSL cert it is flagged as "BAD" (Was: (no subject))

On Wed, 2013-02-06 at 21:38 -0700, Matt Ivie wrote:
I'm having a recent problem with Evolution 3.2.2. Everytime there is
an SSL cert it is flagged as "BAD". It doesn't matter who it's from.
It is indicating the proper issuing authorities (or seems to be). I am
not behind any kind of a proxy or anything like that. I tried asking
this question in the evolution irc channel but I must have picked a
bad time because I didn't get any response.

Where can I start in trying to solve this problem?

        Hi,
if I got your question right, the "BAD" certificate is usually when the
server uses either self-signed certificate, or it's signed by an
authority which you do not trust. Another option, thought I think it's
not in your 3.2.x, is that you wrote different host name than the
certificate is issued for, or the server redirected the connection to
another host.

In 3.8.x you'll be presented with certificate itself, thus you will be
able to examine the certificate.

Currently, you should be able to tell it "Accept Permanently", to
indicate it's fine from your point of view, and the certificate will be
saved and it'll be noted that this is correct. Then you'll not be asked
for the acceptance again (or you should not be at least, even in 3.2.x).
        Bye,
        Milan