Re: [Evolution] new version

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 03:37 -0700, Bart wrote:
openSUSE released their latest version, 13.1.  Included is evolution
3.10.1 and naturally, this is what I'm now using.

Same here.

My impressions are really positive and the installation/upgrade went
rather smoothly.

Ditto.

There is a new look; fonts, icons, and a few changes in locations of
"things".  Don't know if that's due to efforts of the developers of
openSUSE or gnome/evolution but I like it anyway.
Two problems:  ( only! :) )
When I open evolution, the message preview pane is shrunken down to the
bottom of the window.  I can't find a way to make it stay in the
position I want.  This has been like this for several versions now.  It
didn't use to be be like this.

I do not see that.  If it has been for several versions perhaps you have
a bad setting stuck somewhere.  Maybe look around in
org.gnome.evolution.mail with dconf-editor and see if anything looks
suspicious.

I can't get evolution-tray to work.  I miss it!  I have installed
version 0.0.8-14.1.3 .  I tried version 0.0.8-41-5 but it didn't
work either, so I reverted to the version supplied with the
distribution.

I believe evolution-tray does not work because there is no tray;  that
was a GNOME 2 thing. ??? Do you not get notifications via GNOME Shell's
notification from Evolution?  With GNOME 3.10 you can toggle
notifications on/off by application - perhaps it is just turned off.