Re: [Evolution] I/O operation timing out

On Sun, 2013-12-01 at 18:42 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:>

The bottom line is that the timeout is NOT Evolution failing, it is
merely reporting a failure elsewhere in the system.

On my system, I have 12 email accounts.  All are POP.  I have both a DSL
connection through the phone company, and a cable connection through the
local cable company.  I have separate modems and use the same router,
changing only one setting and of course the cable between the router and
the modem.

When I use the DSL connection, all accounts work as expected.  When I
use the cable connection, I get timeout errors on seemingly random
accounts.  Different accounts each time I do a send/receive.

Therefore:  it is NOT evolution causing the problem, nor is it my
router.  It is something in the cable company's system causing the
problem.

I hope you have better luck getting a response from your carrier than I
have had.

Bart