Re: [Evolution] Moving folders

[cut]
As you can reproduce this, could you try to get the backtrace with debug
symbols
        Yes, very willingly, but shame to say, I need some help with that - see
details below.

 and possibly try a valgrind,
Done.
[cut]

Following some of steps here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash , I have done:

1.Installed evolution with debugging symbols, which made me notice I
made little mistake about my version of evolution - see below:
root esp-patben-amd:~/dev/evolution# apt-cache policy evolution
evolution-dbg evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-dbg
evolution:
  Installed: 3.8.2-0ubuntu1~raring1
[...]
evolution-dbg:
  Installed: 3.8.2-0ubuntu1~raring1
[...]
evolution-data-server:
  Installed: 3.8.3-0ubuntu5~ubuntu13.04.2
[...]
evolution-data-server-dbg:
  Installed: 3.8.3-0ubuntu5~ubuntu13.04.2
[...]

2.Run script to determine which additional libraries are needed to debug
with newest version of gdb:
root esp-patben-amd:~/dev/evolution# ./list-symbols-packages-v2.sh -p
$(pidof evolution)
++ basename ./list-symbols-packages-v2.sh
+ progname=list-symbols-packages-v2.sh
+ all=false
+ preferred='dbgsym dbg'
+ debug=false
+ terse=false
[...cut out tons of output...]
+ apt-cache search '^zlib1g:amd64-dbg$'
+ read i
libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0-0-dbg - Javascript engine library for GTK+
libwebkitgtk-3.0-0-dbg - Web content engine library for GTK+ - Debugging
symbols
root esp-patben-amd:~/dev/evolution#
root esp-patben-amd:~/dev/evolution# echo $?
0

3.# apt-get install libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0-0-dbg
libwebkitgtk-3.0-0-dbg
(should I load these into gdb somehow, or is it enough to install it?)

4.Followed this page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace to get the
backtrace. Two first attempts finished with evolution hanging - I had to
kill it, two next (attaching to existing process) allowed me to return
to gdb, but there was no stack trace. Fifth one was an attempt to unpack
ubuntus crash report and load CoreDump to gdb. All in
gdb-evolution-N.txt files.

5.Following this page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash
(which seems to be outdated) I tried to apport-retrace crash report.
There was no option to "Examine locally", so I did:
root esp-patben-amd:/var/crash# apport-retrace -g
_usr_bin_evolution.1000.crash
ERROR: report file does not contain one of the required fields: CoreDump
DistroRelease Package ExecutablePath
root esp-patben-amd:/var/crash# apport-retrace -s
_usr_bin_evolution.1000.crash
ERROR: report file does not contain one of the required fields: CoreDump
DistroRelease Package ExecutablePath

...indeed there is no 'Package' file in crash report file.

6.I have run valgrind with no problems, as directed by Milan - see
attachment. As a side note, I tried to move folder two times, but on the
first attempt i dropped it between two folder, so there was no action. I
had to Drag&Drop it again and aim with mouse cursor to one folder.

I still am willing to provide backtrace, but I need some help, as my
attempts didn't produced corefile - see attachments for output. Any
hints?

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521