Re: [Evolution] Filtering on Google account

On Wed, 2013-04-17 at 14:57 +0200, Loïc Blot wrote:
Hi Patrick,
no i use only evolution client and my mails are in an unread state,
sorry :)

All I can say is that it works for me. I have never had problems with
this, and whenever anyone has complained about it in the past (and I'm
talking about a long time ago) it has turned out that some other client
is also accessing the account. Note that the other client can be
something non-obvious such as a "new mail check" applet that's part of
your desktop configuration. Some of these give you the subject lines of
pending messages, so they have to read the message from the server,
which IMAP interprets has "Seeing" it.

You can log filter activity in Evo by setting some hidden variables:

gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail filters-log-actions true
gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail filters-log-file /some/log/file

then restart Evo and watch the log file for activity. I actually keep
this on all the time, but note that the log file can grow without bound
so be careful.

For the autofiltering, it will be great to have an option for
filtering also when messages are seen.

"Seen" is a concept managed by the IMAP server. I presume you mean "read
for the first time by the user". Evo doesn't have that, but you can send
a Request For Enhancement to the Bugzilla page. Not that it will be
acted on very quickly :-)

Another bug i saw, it's with categories. When i add a task with
categories, the interface show the caterogy associated with the task.
When i modify existing task category the interface doesn't refresh the
shown task (but other fields are refresh).

I don't use the tasks feature so I can't comment.

poc