Re: [Evolution] error sending message - data-command failed ???

On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 14:19 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
A better way of getting the radiographic data or any other large file
is for you to upload it to a Cloud or to a sharing service and then
include a link to that in your email.

Yeah, that's convenient.   For me, just email it.

Means the email itself is much lighter-weight and so it travels
faster, less likely to get corrupted en-route,

I haven't seen a corrupted message in a decade plus.

less likely to get stripped off and less annoying for recipients that
are only casually interested or are "away from keyboard" and just
quickly browsing emails on hand-helds to see which need an urgent

No decent mobile device downloads attachments until they are
specifically requested - and then there it is, no link, no
authentication to yet another doofy service.  Attachment handling is
very much a solved problem.

response and which can be left until getting to a decent machine with
proper broadband.

Dunno, that is exactly what happens for me using K-9 from my Android OS
phone; currently, with attachments.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383