[Evolution] Please, need help!!!!

I have a Linux distro called Fuduntu installed on a Dell desktop.  Fuduntu uses the Gnome desktop, but it has stalled at Gnome 2 and so new editions of Evolution, requiring Gnome 3, won't run.

Evolution 2.32.3 installs with Fuduntu.

A very curious and irritating problem.  Perhaps someone here has discovered this, and has a solution.  I have a total of five address books created, all as local on my computer.  When I import a vcard file into one of the address books, the addresses show up in all five books!  Nothing I can do keeps this from happening.

Please, does anyone have any insight into this?  It's driving me nuts.  Because of the limitations of the Fuduntu distro, I can't upgrade to a 3.x version of Evolution.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--

Jeffrey Needle