Re: [Evolution] Mail notification in Ubunut 12.04

On 28 August 2012 06:12, Dianne Reuby <pramclub yahoo co uk> wrote:
Finally done a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04, with Unity. Installed Evo
3.2.3, and have a question.

The mail icon at the top right of the panel only shows Thunderbird - I
know I changed it before so it would look for Evo and notify me of
incoming mail, but can't info on doing this in 12.04.

Do I simply have to install evolution-notification? I've got the mail
notification plug-in enabled, but I usually have my speakers turned off
so I prefer the new mail icon if possible.

Hi, Uninstall thunderbird and install evolution-indicator. That should make it work.

Regards

Thanks,
Dianne