Re: [Evolution] Mail notification in Ubunut 12.04

Hi :)
Not many people grok the Unity interface at the moment so it is best to ask on ubuntu forums such as
http://www.ubuntuforums.com
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu
or the general purpose
http://www.linuxquestions.org
Although the 1st 2 of those are probably best for Ubuntu.

On the other hand if you haven't already installed evolution-notification then it's got to be worth trying right?  Half the fun of Linux systems is that you can usually experiment and try out things like that in a safe environment, either on a dual-boot, virtual machine, LiveCd or [shudders a little] your main system.  It's really easy to install a virtual machine in Ubuntu.

Regards from
Tom :)

--- On Fri, 14/9/12, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

<snip />

> Do I simply have to install evolution-notification? I've got the mail
> notification plug-in enabled, but I usually have my speakers turned off
> so I prefer the new mail icon if possible.

Might be better to ask in an Ubuntu forum, as this might be an
Ubuntu-specific feature.

<snip />