Re: [Evolution] backup/resore problem with contacts

El sáb, 13-10-2012 a las 22:20 +0200, Martin Wiebusch escribió:
I used the tool und File -> Back up/Restore evolution data for a full
back up. After re-installing my system and restoring my Evolution data
some of my contacts were missing. Specifically, I had a second address
book in addition to the default Personal address book. The address book
re-appeared after the restore, but it was empty.

Then I tried to manually move around the addressbook.db file and noticed
that the contacts displayed in Evolution seem to have absolutely nothing
to do with the contents of the .evolution/addressbook folder. Where does
Evolution keep its address books these days?

Best regards,
Martin.

Hello!

            It happened to me too.  What I found, as a workaround, is to save the addresbook as a VCard file.  Later, when I restore my data I also open the VCard with Evolution.

Hope this works
Lailah