Re: [Evolution] backup/resore problem with contacts

On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 22:20 +0200, Martin Wiebusch wrote:
I used the tool und File -> Back up/Restore evolution data for a full
back up. After re-installing my system and restoring my Evolution data
some of my contacts were missing. Specifically, I had a second address
book in addition to the default Personal address book. The address book
re-appeared after the restore, but it was empty.

Did you restore to the same version of Evolution or to a different
version?

Then I tried to manually move around the addressbook.db file and noticed
that the contacts displayed in Evolution seem to have absolutely nothing
to do with the contents of the .evolution/addressbook folder. Where does
Evolution keep its address books these days?

Help -> Contents -> Common Other Questions -> Data Storage Locations

Or

http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.2/data-storage.html.en

P.