Re: [Evolution] bug re Message menu item

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 20:58 -0400, Carpetnailz wrote:
On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 19:00 -0500, dbrenner wrote:
On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 19:45 -0400, Carpetnailz wrote:
When I click on the "Message" menu item in Evo (3.4.4 on Fedora 17),
instead of opening the menu, it opens a new message. The only way I can
get the Message menu dropdown to open is to remember to click-and-hold
the mouse button down until it opens. This seems contrary to how menu
items always work, in my experience.
Is this a "feature" or a "bug"?
Thanks.
Not a feature or a bug.
I am running Evo 3.4.4 on Fedora 17.
Menu Message item works as expected for me.
I do see occasional mouse click anomalies but not strictly with Evo.

I haven't seen anything like this.
[openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 i915 Evolution 3.6.0].

So why is it happening? I've re-installed evo twice, once with
add/remove software and once with yum. Makes no difference.

Why do you think adding and removing the packages(s) will do anything?
And whatever front end you use adding and removing is the exact same
thing.  This won't change anything.  If you are concerned the files from
a package are damaged you can use --verify to check them;  if it reports
nothing the files are identical to when they were installed.  And adding
and removing a package doesn't remove your configuration or setup -
which is far more likely to be the source of a problem than the
binaries.

awilliam linux-nysu:~> rpm --verify evolution
awilliam linux-nysu:~> rpm --verify evolution-data-server
awilliam linux-nysu:~> rpm -q evolution
evolution-3.6.0-200.3.x86_64

But issues with mouse clicks, etc... are probably from below evolution
[like in X, your video driver, or Gtk].