Re: [Evolution] bug re Message menu item

When I click on the "Message" menu item in Evo (3.4.4 on Fedora 17),
instead of opening the menu, it opens a new message. The only way I can
get the Message menu dropdown to open is to remember to click-and-hold
the mouse button down until it opens. This seems contrary to how menu
items always work, in my experience.

Is this a "feature" or a "bug"?

Thanks.
Not a feature or a bug.
I am running Evo 3.4.4 on Fedora 17.
Menu Message item works as expected for me.
I do see occasional mouse click anomalies but not strictly with Evo.

Dan

So why is it happening? I've re-installed evo twice, once with
add/remove software and once with yum. Makes no difference.

This concept of re-installing software to make it work again is a total
Windows anomaly - it only works in Windows because of the ability to
over-write system DLLs (i.e. some other software package installed a
"better" version of a DLL that the failing package can't cope with -
re-installing just re-instates that original DLL, so the whole thing
starts working again - until you notice the other package now doesn't
work and you re-install that ....).  It rarely does any good in a
Linux/Unix environment - and certainly won't in a properly maintained
environment like Fedora.  If you want to see if the installed version of
a package has changed since it was installed, use 'rpm --verify'.

As for your original problem - it sounds like you have turned on some
accessibility "feature", it's certainly not a problem with Evo itself.
You also don't say if other programs are behaving properly. As Patrick
says, try creating a new user and see if Evo behaves properly there,

You don't say what whether you are using Gnome3, Gnome2 or KDE (or
something else), I will assume Gnome3 since that is the default.  In
that case try looking in "System Settings" and under "Universal Access"
there's a bit about "Point and Clicking" - make sure everything in there
is sensible.

P.