[Evolution] Mail sending problems: Bad authentication response from server.

Dear Evolution folks,

using Debian Sid/unstable with Evolution 3.4.4 for some reason, sending
mails does not work with one account anymore.

It started, when for whatever cause I was asked for all passwords again
â I guess because GNOME Keyring was not available for some reason â and
I might have entered the wrong password then. Anyway now wanting to send
a message over this account (SMTP) I get the following error

    Fehler bei ÂNachricht wird verschicktÂ.

which means Error while ÂSending messageÂ.

    Bad authentication response from server.

I think while sending the message, the following was also shown on the
terminal.

        (evolution:4598): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: Keyring key for string Â0131FBB85DD5BC10Â is unusable:
no user or host name

Line [1] and printing the variable `string`. I *cannot* find the
password entry for the account in my keyring, when looking at it with
Seahorse.

Using `CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution` to get more information, I see the
following.

        sending : EHLO [10.10.10.10]
        sending : STARTTLS
        sending : EHLO [10.10.10.10]
        sending : AUTH CRAM-MD5
        sending : somemd5hashstring==
        sending : QUIT
        received: 221 mail.example.net closing connection

On the server with Exim 4.72-6+squeeze3 I see

    cram_md5_server authenticator failed for myhost.example.org ([10.10.10.10]) [78.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 535
Incorrect authentication data (set_id=joey)

Judging from this, I would assume that Evolution would asked me for the
correct password. But no dialog is shown.

Am I missing something or should I submit a ticket for this issue?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/tree/libedataserverui/e-passwords.c?h=gnome-3-4#n126