Re: [Evolution] Migrating data from Evolution 2.28 to 3.6

On Mon, 2012-11-19 at 01:04 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

What I really want to to be able to move my 2.28 files to the newer
evolution 3.6 environment.  I would ok doing single folder/.sdb imports
into evolution 3.6.

This, or similar things, have been answered numerous times on this list.

2.28 uses mbox format.  Untar the backup file to some temporary
location. Open Evo, create a new account of type "mbox spool directory"
and point it at the location of the mbox files you have just untar'd.
You will see all your mail folders in the left hand pane.  Copy and
paste to your hearts content to get your mail where you want it.  Delete
the account you created and the files in the temporary location.

        Hi,
it involves only email, which evolution does more than just that, same
as the backup contains more than just that.
        Bye,
        Milan