Re: [Evolution] Archiving questions Evolution

HI Milan
Ok thank,

Le lundi 05 novembre 2012 à 10:15 +0100, Milan Crha a écrit :
On Sun, 2012-11-04 at 22:59 +0100, Philip Payne wrote:
> I notice that the version on Ubuntu 11.4 is 2.32.2  and the Wheezy
> version is 3.4.3

	Hi,
there was a bug in the code that the migration from older version of
evolution wasn't run properly on start, specifically the folder change
from mbox to maildir. This is fixed in 3.4.4 of evolution.
I suspected that .. I will probably upgrade to 12.4 or 12.10 (the later is a bit buggy)
My main problem on that is that I will lose Quanta I am kind of hooked on that :)
First I have to find a replacament for that maybe : kdevelop and kdevelop-php
or Ultra Edit ...

As a workaround, you can extract the backup to a temporary folder,
like /tmp/evo-backup and then create a new "Standard Unix mbox spool
directory" account which will point to
   /tmp/evo-backup/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
This account will be shown as a new node in the folder tree on the left,
and you should see folders and messages as in 2.32.2 version. Drag&drop
them to On This Computer/... and when everything is done remove the
spool account.

This will restore your mails only, the addressbooks, calendars and other
stuff is left untouched, thus the best option would be to update to
evolution 3.4.4 and restore from your backup through evolution's menu,
but I understand that it can be impossible due to your distribution no
providing it for you.
	Bye,
	Milan