Re: [Evolution] communication with servers has stopped.

On Sat, 2012-11-03 at 12:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2012-11-03 at 08:24 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 18:31 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 21:06 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
This morning evolution worked as it has always worked. Suddenly at 3pm
it refused to work by claiming that the passwords to the pop and smtp
server were wrong..
This occurred at the same time on 2 machines. I tried to recreate the
default account but the same error occurs. What can I do to fix this?

Did you check if the passwords were in fact correct? Both giving
password errors at the same time is rather a red flag.

poc
They were correct and evolution started working again the next day.

This strongly suggests that the problem is not with Evo but with the
server.

poc
But ATT would not admit that and there was a problem because Outlook on
Windows 7 worked on the same servers.

Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success. -- Christopher Lascl