Re: [Evolution] Slow closing Evolution...?

Am Donnerstag, den 10.05.2012, 09:19 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 08:33 +0100, Steve T wrote:
Evolution 3.2.3, Gnome 3, FC 16

It's no major issue, but Evolution tends to take an age to close down.
I have a few 'virtual' folders. Although I have cut down the virtual
folder list dramatically as it affected  the start up time, I still
have about 25 'virtual' folders that I use to split my personal,
business and family mail. The Evolution shut down time can run into
10-15 minutes.

I have about 46,000 inbox mails and 8000 sent mails that are being
processed into the virtual folders.

Anyone have any idea as to why it's taking so long?

      Hi,
it can be partly due to virtual folders, they are slower since
db-summary landed, though that's subject to change. Nonetheless, to be
sure, it would be good to get a backtrace of stuck evolution, to have an
idea what it tries to do and what takes that long. You can get backtrace
of running evolution with command like this:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=PID &>bt.txt
where PID is a process ID of running evolution (ps ax | grep evolution).
Make sure the bt.txt doesn't expose any private information, like
passwords (I usually search for "pass" (quotes for clarity only)). Also
make sure you'll have installed debug info packages at least for
gtkhtml3, evolution-data-server, evolution and any other evolution's
third party providers/backends, like evolution-rss,
It's off topic indeed, but: What is that for ?
Can I read RSS feeds with evolution ?
I didn't notice this yet ...
--
Thomas Prost <thomas prost prosts info>