[Evolution] Can't copy text

I recently upgraded Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04 using the Ubuntu upgrade
method and having a few problems with Evo 3.2.3

If I try to highlight some text in the preview pane or in an opened
email to copy and paste the text, it will not let me select what I want.
It highlights everything above where I am, including the headers and
then the whole lot copies!!

I notice also now that I cannot click on a link sent to me in an email
to go straight to the default browser (Firefox). Again it highlights
everything, then does not open the browser and the site.

Any clues appreciated.

Mike