Re: [Evolution] Corrupt mail folders

Below is FYI mostly...
Problem:  When I send/receive, Evolution wants to fetch every e-mail
on the server (10,000+).

If it's POP, then that's because the server has changed the UID of the
messages and Evolution doesn't think it has seen the messages yet.

Solution:  Once again (yes this happened before) I will have to delete
the database file and rebuild it, losing read/unread status, and
fetching every single message anew.  Arghhh.  Issue is discussed and
the "fix" explained here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1085838 and especially here:

Those threads are from 2005-7, I think things have moved on since then.

Until I can solve this (tomorrow?), please post to one of those
threads above,

No thanks.

 as I will not receiving e-mail until it's resolved.  Of course you
are welcome to discuss it on-list for yourselves,

That's very kind of you.

and I will be able to read it after I use the brute-force solution as
before.

Advice, comments, suggestions are welcome.

Read the FAQ and the on-line documentation - most of the issues in those
Ubuntu threads have been addressed there:

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mismatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_does_Evolution_download_duplicate_emails.3F_How_can_I_get_rid_of_them.3F_Why_does_Evolution_reload_old_mails_from_server_when_.22Leave_a_message_on_the_pop_server.22_is_activated.3F

And yes, I know that's the old version of the FAQ, but the OP is talking
about an OLD version of Evo.  Even then the FAQ is largely for 2.30+,
for 2.28 you may have to seek out an even older one.

P.