Re: [Evolution] Evolution Data Server - Standalone

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 13:08 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
is possible to run the Evolution Data Server as a standalone
application on a server. The background is, that I'm searching for a MS
exchange connector, what can run on my NAS?
I'm using Thunderbird as default email client what have to connect to
the Evolution Data Server, is that possible?
I don't know about using EDS with anything other than Evolution,

Possibly not what the user is looking for, but technically "yes".  EDS
is a D-Bus service and you can access "Evolution" data via D-Bus.  The
server starts automatically when a request is made.  But this requires a
"session" to be running.  I've no idea how one would put together such a
thing on a NAS.