Re: [Evolution] How to lighten up the background

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 13:13 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
have just upgraded from
evolution-3.2.3-1.fc16.x86_64
evolution-3.2.3-2.fc16.x86_64
along with a lot of KDE stuff.  In general (after about an hour's use) I like the new version better than the old one, but the background had changed from light gray (as I remember it) to dark gray.  The only areas still white are the header fields.  How can I set the background color?  I would like to set everything: message lists, panes for messages being read and composed, etc.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me with this.  It turns out that in the latest KDE-4.8.4 colors, etc. for GTK+ applications, which includes evolution, are controlled by the standard
System Settings->Applications Appearance->Colors and
System Settings->Applications Appearance->GTK+ Appearance
in a slightly funky way, probably because of differences in underlying capabilities.  I am still tweaking the appearance to get it to my liking.

jon