Re: [Evolution] How to display an email in a fixed-width font?

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 12:57 +0000, Graham Murray wrote:
Running Evolution 3.2.3 on Gnome 3.2.1, there is an Evolution preference
(under mail preference) to set the fonts used for 'Standard' and 'Fixed
Width', but how do you view an email using the fixed width font? Some
emails include tables etc that are spaced for a fixed width font and do
not line up with a 'standard' font. I have looked in the 'view' menu,
but cannot see anything appropriate.

The fixed width font is used to display plain text emails - i.e. those
with either no content type or a content type of text/plain.  HTML
emails (i.e. those with a content type of text/html) will be displayed
using the proportional font (unless the HTML says otherwise).

If you have multipart/alternative encoding, then by default the most
content rich version possible will be displayed.

There is a plugin called "Prefer Plain Text" - if this is enabled, then
with a multipart/alternative email the text/plain version, if it exists,
will be chosen in preference to the text/html version.

As far as I know though, there is no way of choosing the version
displayed on a per-message basis, nor is there a way of forcing the
displayed text to be fixed-pitch.

P.