[Evolution] Migrating Evo

Greetings -
I need instructions on how to migrate settings and messages from Evolution 2.28.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on an ancient computer to Evolution 3.2 on Ubuntu 11.10 on an old (i.e. 3-years-old) Dell Inspiron 530 computer.

In 2008, I received the following instructions on how to migrate my settings and messages from an older version of Evolution on SuSE 9.2 to Evo 2.22.3.1 on Ubuntu 8.041. In Ubuntu 11.10, I can't find /home/kelly/.gconf/apps/evolution so, obviously, I need to do something different. I would appreciate any help.

TIA  Kelly

A. In the old Evo, open a terminal and kill backend

sudo evolution --force-shutdown

and

sudo gconftool-2 --shutdown)

and then copy /home/kelly/.evolution and

/home/kelly/.gconf/apps/evolution to a DVD

B.  In the new system, move the existing /home/kelly/.evolution and the
/home/kelly/.gconf/apps/evolution folders to a Temp folder and replace
them with the above folders from the DVD.

C. Correct the permissions by running

sudo chmod -R ug+rw /home/kelly

and

sudo find /home/kelly -type d -exec chmod ug+x |{|} \;

[  or  change  |{|}   to   '{}'    ?]

D. Open Evo 3.2 and follow the on-screen instructions.