[Evolution] Local accounts in 3.4

Hello all,

I upgraded to Evolution 3.4.3 from Debian testing this morning.  Things
mostly seem fine, thanks to the previous thread on automatically marking
messages as read.  My local account might be weird though.

"On This Computer" account is now maildir, but my local MTA does mbox.
It looks like my the mbox config was renamed to "ross localhost".  No
big deal, I'm happy to have my local account with a different name.
Thing is - even though it is enabled, it never shows up in the account
list.

Strangely - if I enable "On This Computer", it appears to be reading my
spool file.  I don't understand how this could possibly be working.  Is
this expected behavior?  Is Evo doing something sneaky with the
localhost account?

Thanks,
Ross