Re: [Evolution] Mail not displayed but probably there somewhere

Also, to be clear, I'm not seeing ANY folders or emails AT ALL. The
whole app is empty inside of the area for emails that has From,
Subject & Date as sorting items along the top. However, if I try to
create a new folder using Folder->New then the dialog/file edit window
shows all of his folders.

So you don't even see the "On This Computer" at the top of the folder
list in the left hand pane?

Does the highlight bar act as if there's something there but it's just
invisible?

Can you try creating a whole new Unix account on the machine - does
Evolution work properly from there?  (This will tell you if it's
something fundamentally wrong with the system or if it's a configuration
issue.)

When you say your father played with some settings, did he play with
them from within Evolution, or did he alter them in GConf or did he play
with the files on disk?

P.