Re: [Evolution] Searching using Expressions...or using and / or.....

Am Mittwoch, den 13.06.2012, 16:32 +0100 schrieb Steve T:
Evolution 3.2.3, Gnome 3

I want to be able to set up searches that use a mixture of ands and
ors - ie typically say I wanted to create a search for this 'group',
and then only select messages sent by me or one other person. In
pseudo code:

WHERE subject matches '[Evolution]*'
AND    (sender matches 'stevetucknott*' OR sender matches
'joebloggs*')

What is the easiest way of going about this? I looked at 'Expressions'
but can't then find the documentation to show what I can do with them.
Should I be using 'regex' rather than an expression - and is there
anywhere that tells me what fields are available to be
matched/compared?

Try virtual folders. Set up the first one with 'subject matches' and
another virtual folder to match on "sender matches 'stevetucknott*' OR
sender matches 'joebloggs*'".
Then create a third virtual folder which matches on everything, but only
select the two previously created virtual search folders. That should do
it.

--
thomas