Re: [Evolution] My problems with evolution 3.4.2.

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 18:11 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 10:49 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
One other problem.  When I send a message I get an error message telling
me it can't store the sent message where it eants to but will store it
in my local Sent folder, which i want it to do anyway.  I was told to
edit preferences and go to defaults to fix that.  Indeed there is an
option to fix it, but I can't save the change because Apply is grayed
out.

See
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.4/mail-error-failed-to-append-to-sent-folder.html.en

If this does not work, we need exact steps (click by click) to reproduce
the problem.

andre

I would try to send you screen dumps of the steps if I knew how to
produce screen dumps under gnome 3.
In words:
Choose Edit> Preferences
Choose my Account, Edit
In the Account Editor, choose Defaults
Under Sent Message Folder choose On this computer > Sent
Click OK
At this point the Apply button is grayed out so I can't save the change.
The same thing happens if I choose Sent on the server.
Also, the same thing happens if I try to create a new folder On this
computer with the name Sentt

There is smething preventing me from writing any changed to Defaults.
If you have any idea of what to look at which might
do that, please let me know.

--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University