Re: [Evolution] EVO crashes when editing Contacts

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 11:06 -0500, Dan Saint-Andre wrote:
I'm running Evolution v3.2.2 on Mint-12 and cannot edit contacts.
I can open and display contacts applet and select one entry to edit.
I can make changes of any sort to the contact data form.
When I select OK, evolution crashes.

Run Evolution from the command line and you may get some output that
tells you what's going on.

If that's not very enlightening then you can enable various debugging
variables or obtain a crash dump/backtrace.  The latter is particularly
useful for developers to track down the issue to see if it's a bug or a
problem with your data or setup.  Information on how to do this is at

  http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml

Many readers will suggest that I get a new-er edition of EVO.
I'd love to.

3.2.x is still a current version, so no, people aren't going to tell you
to upgrade.  If it's a bug, and it gets fixed, the fix may not be
applied to the 3.2.x tree, and in that case it may be suggested to you
that upgrading would solve your problems.

P.