Re: [Evolution] Configuring Evolution

I asked:

There are a number of parameters which I'd love to tweak for Evolution
but I don't see any way to change them through the UI. For example,
I'd like to be able to change the length of lines used when wrapping
text. Does Evolution have any "hidden" configuration interface
comparable to Firefox's about:config. Are these parameters stored in
Gconf and, if so, are they documented somewhere?

BTW, I now understand that the line length is not changeable per the
FAQ. I am very disappointed in the development team's apparent disregard
for user preference.

Lailah replied:

Did you try  Dconf / Gconf editors?  There's some hidden settings. ;-)

By my reference to Gconf, I'm clearly aware of it. But finding anything
in there seems to require some guidance. If there are hidden settings,
what are they? Where are they documented?

I followed-up with:

And at least one of [the Gconf parameters] mentioned in the FAQ
doesn't seem to work for me. I have,

 $ gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_style
 text

But I still get icons on the toolbar. Of course, I'm running KDE on
Fedora 16 so maybe there is some reason Evolution ignores the setting
in this situation?

Matthew Barnes replied:

Make sure gnome-settings-daemon is running.  It feeds display and font
settings like toolbar-style to GTK+ applications.

It is certainly installed but may not be running. I find no man page nor
any entry in a KDE menu to start it. What's the trick?
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave close us thalesgroup com

I don't send HTML email and I prefer not to receive it.
HTML email is ugly and a significant security exposure.